Disclaimer

The views expressed here are mine alone, and do not represent the views, policies or intentions of the U.S. Peace Corps, the United States government, or the University of Florida.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A quick update on my mail situation…

If you already have sent me packages or letters to the previous address, the Peace Corps staff members tell me that I might or might not end up getting them. Sorry! The address you should send things to, effective immediately, is:

Michael Tudeen
Corpo da Paz Nº 345
Av. do Zimbabwe
Maputo, Mozambique

However, this address is only good until the 5th week of training or so (mid November). After that, please hold off on sending packages until I get my permanent site address for you all.

ALSO, the current Peace Corps volunteers have suggested that if you have to estimate the value of the package when sending something, never estimate it to be worth very much (>$20-30) because I’ll be the one who ends up having the foot the import fee when I try to pick the package up. On that note, if you have to indicate what is inside the package, don’t write things that are easily recognizable and make the package a target for thieves (ie. write ”Snacks” instead of “Food” or ”Educational materials” instead of ”movies/dvds”). Finally, if you want to increase the probability of the package not being tampered with EVEN MORE you can (apparently this works) write ”Jesus Saves” and/or put crosses all over the package/envelope.

Once again, the communication I´ll have with all of you for the next several weeks will be spotty at best. Thank you for the support! I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes, Michael. I know you will be fine. I am proud of you! Jenny Gamewell

    ReplyDelete